Start the gardening season - watering your garden in spring
You wonderful garden lovers - spring is here and with it the time has come when you should deal with the correct watering of your garden. You need a lot of water so that your plant doesn't droop and you have a good harvest. We have put together some tips for you here that will accompany you through spring and summer.
Feel free to share your tips and tricks with us in the comments.
Plants, shrubs and trees are on course for growth, especially in the springtime, and need enough water and moisture to absorb nutrients. In the best case, nature now takes over the natural irrigation. However, the last few years have also shown that this is not always the case and that you have to help out.
Then it's time to turn the water on again, fetch the garden hose from the winter quarters and help the little protégés grow.
Basically it can be said that:
- Domestic plants are generally less maintenance-intensive . They are perfectly adapted to the prevailing conditions in your own garden, which means that they require less water and maintenance. Beautiful examples of natural perennials are the Carthusian carnation, meadow sage or mountain aster.
- Water as close to the ground as possible, as less water is lost and it is easier for the water to reach the roots of the plants.
- Especially in spring, when you plant new plants, they then need an extra portion of water . As a small rule of thumb, we recommend that the soil should have 20 centimeters of water permeation.
- Always water when the sun is at its weakest . The power of the sun in spring is often underestimated, although it is already very strong in April. To ensure that the water penetrates deep into the soil and doesn't immediately evaporate again, you should water your garden and plants in the early morning or evening hours, every three to four days.
- The right equipment is essential. When watering with the hose, you should make sure that it is a high-quality garden hose that is pressure, temperature and UV-resistant and free of harmful substances (phthalates). In summer it is your daily companion, so you have to be able to rely on it.
Have a wonderful start to spring!
Leave a comment